Yarn House knitters

Ongoing projects and yarn mainly originating from the Yarn House in Caterham, Surrey.

Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Lickety Split

I suppose it would have happened sooner or later but it seems that I have been more monogamous to this iddy biddy pair of socks than I have ever been to any other. I don't know why but they just seem to have brought out the best in me. I started the first sock Friday night and finished it around 7pm on Saturday. That is the fastest I think I've ever knit anything. I then had a little break because the intarsia of the zodiac symbol took a lot out of me. It was long, it was tedious but I suppose it was worth it. I cast on the second sock today. I hope to have the pair for the end of the week *fingers crossed*. I may however have jinxed myself now.

Carol, you asked what yarn I used. It is Regia sock yarn in black and rainbow (for the toes, heels and intarsia). It's actually funny how comfortable this sock is and kind of appealing because of the seperate big toe.

1 Comments:

Blogger Carol said...

Can't wait to see them! Can you post a photo? Or bring them to our night out?

2:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home