Yarn House knitters

Ongoing projects and yarn mainly originating from the Yarn House in Caterham, Surrey.

Thursday, June 01, 2006

Making a Start




Ok, I'm going to start posting a few of my many many ongoing projects. They are all throws so I don't expect to finish them in the next few months. I'd like to hope that the Plaid throw will be ready for Winter. It's the Big & Cozy throw from Debbie Abrahams More Throws book. I decided to use Driftwood and Washed Pebbles instead of the red/orange colorway. It's knit up very quickly - 4 panels done in less than a week.

The next one is the Rothko throw from the Sarah Dallas book. It's done in her colorway in Handknit DK. I'm working on the first panel which is cast on a million stitches in red and work in ss until you pass out or run out of the 13 required balls of yarn. The second panel should be more exciting as it uses two colors. The yarn was purchased last summer but cast aside when cold weather hit. Thanks to Sheelagh for working out the yarn requirements for me (which are incorrect in the book).

Finally, is my Calmer Moderne blanket from the Mason-Dixon book. Another slow burn as it's garter stitch and can be boring after only a few rows.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home