Yarn House knitters

Ongoing projects and yarn mainly originating from the Yarn House in Caterham, Surrey.

Thursday, October 19, 2006

Ally Pally



Katherine and I went on saturday with Alison a colleague from work. It was great. I went with the intention of buying sock yarn and sock yarn I bought. Along with a pack of Summer Tweed in yellow for get this £19.99. That is 10 hanks enough for a cardigan or jumper for me. It is shade 504 called gold.

I also bought 3 balls of Artesano Alpaca in grey to make the Heartstrings flared lace smoke ring. I'm not quite sure why as I can get it at the Yarn House but I did.

And lots of sock yarn. The ball is Schoeller & Stahl socka fortissima blues and greys to knit my mum a pair of socks for Christmas. I'd better get on with it. The blue and green skein on the left is Lornas Laces Shepherds Sock in colourway Black Watch. The browny one is Cherry Tree Hill Supersock in colourway Java. The one at the front with the big label is Fleece Artist in colourway Sea Storm.

I bought a lovely hand bag for me in bruised leather only to find out on the train home that the zip wouldn't do up. That has been posted back to the supplier who assures me that another one is on its way.

Plus a pink felted bag for Phoebe for Xmas. The little balls on the bottom have tiny beads sewn into them.

I really liked looking at the Colinette stand and have chosen a colour for the Taglietelle jacket I want to knit. Colinette have started doing sock yarn called I think Jitterbug which looked really nice but I resisted!

3 Comments:

Blogger Blushing Pumpkin said...

oooooo I got sea storm too isn't it lovely I was thinking of doing the jaywalker socks with it.

7:55 PM  
Blogger Carol said...

I need to find some Fleece Artist too now that you both are raving about it. That pink purse is adorable. Phoebe is very lucky!

8:40 PM  
Blogger Blushing Pumpkin said...

I also got the lorna's laces colourway as well

7:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home