Yarn House knitters

Ongoing projects and yarn mainly originating from the Yarn House in Caterham, Surrey.

Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Doom, gloom amd despondencey

I have ripped my ribwarmer from Vogue Knitting, finished tried on , far too small and ripped. It fitted Phoebe but she didn't like the colour and so she wants me to knit her one in a different colour. We shall see.

My tension was off. Stictch tension fine but too many rows, therefore the bit that wrapped around the bottom of the back was too short and the armholes too tight. I could probably work it out if I could be bothered and reknit it so it fits, but I can't at the moment maybe one day.

I have signed up for Sock Wars. It was sold as a stash busting excercise and I thought great I've got loads of sock yarn. They have now posted the materials and you need DK. The only thing I have got as a complete ball is Wool cotton in green and I don't want to knit socks in Wool cotton.

I have got lots of other balls of DK you understand but all are earmarked for specific projects and if I use one of those I then might not have enough for whatever project it is. So its off to The Yarn House once I have dropped Phoebe at school at lunchtime.

I won't be at Knit & Relax on Sunday as we are going up to the boat to touch up paintwork weather permitting!

2 Comments:

Blogger katherine s said...

Sorry you've had such a disappointing day. I finished Tithe today! Will post a photo when I work out how to do it!

4:54 PM  
Blogger Carol said...

I've tried to find the yarn from the VK ribwarmer but it's not in the local shop. What did you sub in? Sorry it didn't work out. It's an interesting pattern - have another go when you can stand it.

Not sure about the sock wars - maybe you should not do anything and just get 'killed' off right away? At least you'll get a pair of socks out of it!

8:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home