Yarn House knitters

Ongoing projects and yarn mainly originating from the Yarn House in Caterham, Surrey.

Thursday, July 20, 2006

Finished Objects



Finished shrug from May Simply Knitting Cotton Glace and Kid Silk Haze, it took 3 balls of glace and I just had to break into a 2nd ball of KSH. In my colours! The pattern puts a icord of KSH round the sleeves to gather them up but I don't think it needs it. I used a 3 needle bind off to join the 2 sides rather than sewing as recommended by Katherine and I think its worked really well, plus bonus of no sewing up.

Plus Easy Jacket in Debbie Bliss Cotton Denim Aran. Sewing up yesterday in that heat was a bit much. No button yet. Now its finished I don't know if I like it very much. Its very boxy with no shaping, I wish Debbis Bliss did schematics with her patterns it would be easier to work out what it was going to look like.

Now I'm working on a sock for Pete, Jinny from Rowan 39, cushion cover from the first Rowan Denim book in ecru, Thyme in Summer Tweed from the Summer Tweed book and a mitred sqares throw in Noro Kureyon. I've done 9 squares and I initially thought I'd need 48 but now reckon 60. I have also bought some all seasons cotton for a cardigan for a friends baby, I'd better get on with that. Plus some wool cotton for a cardigan for Phoebe, I'd better get on with that as well. Trouble with kids, they grow!

Sorry about both photos coming out at the top, I don't know how to move them around.

1 Comments:

Blogger Carol said...

The shrug looks great! Maybe you can wear it next Tues? The Easy jacket is very boxy and casual. I think she's going to start doing schematics in the next books but maybe that's just a rumor.

10:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home